On this page of Primate, I will share some of my bookmarks and favorite sites.
Page is consistently being added to.
My Top Suggestions (miscellany)
- BOOSTERRIFIC! A super handy-dandy (unofficial) Booster Gold website. Likely the website I frequent most often.
- All Tomorrows PDF A speculative proposed evolution of humanity over the course of one billion years.
- My best Spotify playlists
- Earth-2: "Life of a Jaketopian Landman", "World War Jaketopia", Central Jaketopia, south West Jaketopia fishing playlist, "Primatian Country", "Primatian Obligation", "Deployed in Ketchikaria" (historically inaccurate), "Weslandian Girl", "Earth-2 Platoon" (a compilation of the original Jaketopian and Ketchikarian playlists), King Jake's chambers
- Megamixes: "Grouper" (general miscellany), "Music a girl would like"
- Other goods: "Total Chillness" (dinnertime/brunch adult standards), "Dreams", "Avocado", Iowa 2023, "The Good Times", , "The Cannot Touch Her", "War chimp"
- My favorite "character" playlists: Nite Owl II, Blue Beetle II, Booster Gold, Mister Miracle, Ozymandias (the description of the playlist shares music he actually likes, the playlist shares music that make me think of him)
- My favorite seasonal playlists: "Chill dude Fall" Autumn 2022, "It's Winter.." Winter 2022, May 2023
- Anatoli Bugorski "He is known for surviving a radiation accident in 1978, when a high-energy proton beam from a particle accelerator passed through his brain." You may be disappointed to learn that he did not develop like Dr. Manhattan.
- Ophiocordyceps unilateralis "Commonly known as zombie-ant fungus." This fungus inspired a short story for me.
- Ted Kacyznski You already know who he is
- Oliver the Chimpanzee "Oliver was a former "performing" ape once promoted as a missing link or "humanzee" due to his somewhat human-like appearance and a tendency to walk upright. Despite his somewhat unusual appearance and behavior, scientists found that Oliver was not a human-chimpanzee hybrid."
- Human-animal hybrid This page discusses, well, human-animal hybrids. In fiction and non-fiction. The page on just plain "hybrids" is here.
- Human chimera "A human chimera is a human with a subset of cells with a distinct genotype than other cells, that is, having genetic chimerism. In contrast, an individual where each cell contains genetic material from a human and an animal is called a human–animal hybrid."
- Humanized mouse "A humanized mouse is a mouse carrying functioning human genes, cells, tissues, and/or organs. Humanized mice are commonly used as small animal models in biological and medical research for human therapeutics."
- Ilya Ivanov "Russian and Soviet biologist who specialized in the field of artificial insemination and the interspecific hybridization of animals ... famous for his controversial attempts to create a human-ape hybrid by inseminating three female chimpanzees with human sperm." Not much on this page, but doing further research would be interesting. Just know, he was a bad man. Human or not, forced artificial insemination is not right by any means. There is no way to excuse what he did to the chimpanzees.
- Humanzee "The humanzee (sometimes chuman, manpanzee or chumanzee) is a hypothetical hybrid of chimpanzee and human, thus a form of human–animal hybrid."
- Panbanisha "... A female bonobo that featured in studies on great ape language by Professor Sue Savage-Rumbaugh."